Modern day folks answer that age old question:"Why did the chicken cross the road?"
BARACK OBAMA:The chicken crossed the road because it was time for a CHANGE! The chicken wanted CHANGE! And HOPE! It looked HOPEFUL!
JOHN McCAIN:My friends, that chicken crossed the road because he recognized the need to engage in cooperation and dialogue with all the chickens on the other side of the road.
HILLARY CLINTON:When I was First Lady, I personally helped that little chicken to cross the road. This experience makes me uniquely qualified to ensure right from Day One! that every chicken in this country gets the chance it deserves to cross the road. But then, this really isn't about me, although I clearly remember having to dodge enemy fire as Chelsea and I tried to cross the road.
DR. PHIL:The problem we have here is that this chicken won't realize that he must first deal with the problem on 'THIS' side of the road before it goes after the problem on the 'OTHER SIDE' of the road. What we need to do is help him realize how stupid he's acting by not taking on his 'CURRENT' problems before adding 'NEW' problems.
OPRAH:Well, I understand that the chicken is having problems, which is why he wants to cross this road so bad. So instead of having the chicken learn from his mistakes and take falls, which is a part of life, I'm going to give this chicken a car so that he can just drive across the road and not live his life like the rest of the chickens.
GEORGE W. BUSH:We don't really care why the chicken crossed the road. We just want to know if the chicken is on our side of the road, or not. The chicken is either against us, or for us. There is no middle ground here.
COLIN POWELL:Now to the left of the screen, you can clearly see the satellite image of the chicken crossing the road.
JOHN KERRY:Although I voted to let the chicken cross the road, I am now against it! It was the wrong road to cross, and I was misled about the chicken's intentions. I am not for it now, and will remain against it.
NANCY GRACE:That chicken crossed the road because he's GUILTY! You can see it in his eyes and the way he walks.
PAT BUCHANAN:To steal the job of a decent, hardworking American.MARTHA STEWART:No one called me to warn me which way that chicken was going. I had a standing order at the Farmer's Market to sell my eggs when the price dropped to a certain level. No little bird gave me any insider information.
DR SEUSS:Did the chicken cross the road? Did he cross it with a toad? Yes, the chicken crossed the road, but why it crossed I've not been told.
ERNEST HEMINGWAY:To die in the rain. Alone.
RUSH LIMBAUGH:Because the chicken was gay! Can't you people see the plain truth?' That's why they call it the 'other side.' Yes, my friends, that chicken is gay. And if you eat that chicken, you will become gay too. I say we boycott all chickens until we sort out this abomination that the liberal media white washes with seemingly harmless phrases like 'the other side. That chicken should not be crossing the road. It's as plain and as simple as that.
GRANDPA:In my day we didn't ask why the chicken crossed the road. Somebody told us the chicken crossed the road, and that was good enough.
BARBARA WALTERS:Isn't that intewesting? In a few moments, we will be wistening to the chicken tell, for the first time, the heart warming story of how it experienced a sewious case of molting, and went on to accompwish its wife wong dweam of cwossing the woad.
ARISTOTLE:It is the nature of chickens to cross the road.
JOHN LENNON:Imagine all the chickens in the world crossing roads together, in peace.
BILL GATES:I have just released eChicken2007, which will not only cross roads, but will lay eggs, file your important documents, and balance your check book. Internet Explorer is an integral part of the Chicken. This new platform is much more stable and will never cra#%* reboot.
ALBERT EINSTEIN:Did the chicken really cross the road, or did the road move beneath the chicken?
BILL CLINTON:I did not cross the road with THAT chicken. What is your definition of chicken?
AL GORE:I invented the chicken!
COLONEL SANDERS:Did I miss one?
DICK CHENEY:Where's my gun?
AL SHARPTON:Why are all the chickens white? We need some black chickens.
I dont know all of these people, so not all these are funny to me, but the ones I know are very funny to me. Why do you think that the chicken crossed the road? I don't know though I am siding with what Grandpa said because it is the most logic :) Why do you think the chicken crossed the road? I am waiting for some funny answers, possibly
Fathers day contrary to popular misconception, was not established as a holiday in order to help greeting card manufacturers sell more cards.
In fact when a "Fathers day" was first proposed there were no Fathers Day cards!
Mrs. John B. Dodd, of Washington , first proposed the idea of a "father's day" in 1909. Mrs. Dodd wanted a special day to honor her father, William Smart. William Smart, a Civil War veteran, was widowed when his wife (Mrs. Dodd's mother) died in childbirth with their sixth child. Mr. Smart was left to raise the newborn and his other five children by himself on a rural farm in eastern Washington State. It was after Mrs. Dodd became an adult that she realized the strength and selflessness her father had shown in raising his children as a single parent.
The first Father's Day was observed on June 19, 1910 in Spokane Washington.
At about the same time in various towns and cities across American other people were beginning to celebrate a "father's day.".
In 1924 President Calvin Coolidge supported the idea of a national Father's Day. Finally in 1966 President Lyndon Johnson signed a presidential proclamation declaring the 3rd Sunday of June as Father's Day.
Father's Day has become a day to not only honor your father, but all men who act as a father figure. Stepfathers, uncles, grandfathers, and adult male friends are all honored on Father's Day.
Happy fathers day!
- We got there
- I found out that I got to room with Meredith Matheny and Lindsey Riches- yay
- That night we had President Maredith come and speak with us- he is a great speaker and always has a great message.
- We had Certification.
- We had a "hike"
- We got to go on a wonderful Night Walk that Megan G. made for us- it was absolutely awesome!
- superhero training
- skits- preformed by cabins. Our cabin did superhero idol. I was Simon, Paula, and the other guy, I cant remember his name
- Lunch or disaster, I think it turned out as a disaster, we had no pickles and the cheese had water in it :(
- talent show night, Megan G. Lucy (my sis) Leah P. and I did a superman skit. We got the theme song of superman and acted it out. The stake leaders did a funny skit, go to moms blog to see it. I am serious that it is funny- they all dressed up as chickens and did the chicken dance, remember that this is not a bunch of kids, but a bunch of adults!
- cleanup time :(
- award time- I got the craft cabin award. It was a radio that looks like something little tykes would make, but it works! I also got a bee water bottle, a purple bracelet, and a whole lot of candy!
- good bye camp: (
I also did Secret Sisters at camp. This is were you spend about $10 on gifts for the week and when you get to camp, you get a name of a girl at camp. Everyday you give your "Secret Sister" a gift. I had Meredith Matheny and I gave her:
- a water gun
- clay and chalk
- Hannah Montana gummies and pop rocks
- These glasses that are a straw, you put one end of the glasses in the drink, and the other in your mouth when the take a drink, it goes all the way around there eyes and then into there mouth. I also got her a nail kit.
- On the last day I got her wax melts. (wax, tea lights, and a special container thingy that holds the wax and the tea lights while they are burning)
Amber Hill had me and this is what she got me:
- a really nice journal
- a picture frame
- gummy bears- yum!
- a huge lolly pop and a wind thingy (you hand it up and it twirls around in the wind)
- she gave me something else, but i don't remember what it was.
All in all, camp was , as always, awesome!
1. Link your tagger and list these rules on your blog
2. Share 7 facts about yourself, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
5. Have fun!
Random facts about me:
- I was in a car accident when I was 5 that gave me 250 stiches.
- I just got back from Girls camp, and it was fun!
- I wear glasses
- I have top braces (therefor I am a 4-eyed bracesface)
- I will be getting bottom braces next week
- I am a twin
- I LOVE hot pink, and polka dots.
The lucky people: